x 
Cart - Total £0.00

  • Empty Cart - Get shopping!

View Cart

Umbrele_Syrah

Umbrele Syrah 2016 75cl

SKU: 42305
With Romania offering some of the lowest priced wines, it's a real treat to find one which delivers on quality as well as value. Umbrele Syrah is an exceptionally well-made wine and shows all the characteristics of one of its Southern French counterparts.
£8.75
Discount:
Price / kg:
  • Country
    Romania
  • Colour
    Red
  • Drink Style
    Dry
  • More Features
    Vegan
  • Grape Variety
    Shiraz (Syrah)
addtocartmodal
Loading...
LOADING...
  • Tasting Notes

    With one sniff of this lovely Syrah, the rich fruit and slightly smokey aromas start the taste buds tingling. Medium-bodied and very typically Syrah, it shows jammy fruit, touches of licorice and soft tannins. This is a very accomplished wine which could easily mistaken for a classy Rhône red.

    About

    The story of the Cramele Recas estate from where this wine comes is one of real success and achievement, for this was a great estate which went to ruin before Englishman, Philip Cox and his wife performed their magic on it. With a 20 million euro investment, a brand new winery and the recruitment of a top winemaking team from Australia and Spain, the estate has been transformed and is today more like a scene from Tuscany. The results of their efforts is a truly fabulous range of wines which all overdeliver for the price.

    Fermented in stainless steel tanks, 85% of the Syrah juice is then aged in American oak barrels. This adds complexity and gives a host of nuances to the wine including hints of vanilla and fine tannins. The other 15% is then blended with is before the wine is bottled and released for us to enjoy. With wines as good as this, this relatively young winery shows enormous promise and could soon be producing wines on a par with Châteauneufs, Côte Rôties and the like.

    Ideal with...

    A good food wine, Umbele Syrah works well with poultry and pork. Casseroles and cold meats are also a good match as are tomato based dishes.

    More Vintages

    Browse through the rest of our 2016 vintage wines, or see the complete listing of available vintages by year.

  • There are currently no reviews for this product.

We Ship Our Products Anywhere in the UK

Expert Advice and Support Available 24/7

Sign up for our newsletter & offers

Please let us know your email address.

Invalid Input